June 14th through June 16th
Blog #3
June 14th through 16th
Click Here to view first set of photographs.
Click Here to view second set of photographs.
Click Here to view third set of photographs.
June 14th, 2006
June 14th was the day we went to the Rhode Island Museum of Natural History. We went for a drive Wednesday evening. Mitchel took us to Toray, which is where he has been working. We went through a great little town called Wickford, or as the locals pronounce it, Wickfud. We made plans to eat lunch with Mitchel at a little place on the water the next day. Then we saw where Mitchel gets his chiropractic adjustments and met the good doctor. It was a nice drive… nice to get out of the hotel. We ate at Cracker Barrel that night.
That evening in the hotel room was fun, too. A pillow fight broke out between the three children. I believe the oldest (that would be my husband, Mitchel) started it. Which is funny, because he’s the one who is constantly saying… “Remember where you are… you need to be quiet in a hotel room.” It was fun, I was sitting at the computer waiting to get beamed by either a pillow or a strategically rolled up sock, which is usually Mitchel’s weapon of choice… usually an old, dirty one.
June 15th, 2006
The next day was laundry day. Not very exciting. I did two loads and we played in the pool all day. The kids loved it and didn’t even realize that we did “nothing.” We went to Wal-Mart for a couple of things and stopped at a very small parking area near the water. There were geese everywhere and they were headed straight for us. We had no bread and they got mad and hissed at us. There are signs everywhere that say “DO NOT feed the water foul.” I see a lot of people have been ignoring these signs.
We got back to the hotel, went swimming some more. Stephen ran the entire length of the pool without stopping, woo hoo! We ate in the hotel that evening. Anna had some soup, as did I. Stephen had some macaroni and cheese and Mitchel had two sandwiches, tuna and turkey & cheese. After dinner we all took showers and I got a spa treatment. Stephen and Anna rubbed lotion on my feet. I don’t think either one particularly enjoy doing this but they think if one does it I’ll love that one more so the other one gets involved. For the record, I DO NOT tell them that I think so and so loves me more, but hey, it’s wonderful pampering. Can I help it if their thoughts are still a little immature?
June 16th, 2006
Today we went to the Providence Children’s Museum. All down towns seem to be the same, a bunch of one way streets no one can learn unless they drive them every day. We got there, not by the directions, but by the skin of our teeth. The museum was great. Not as sophisticated as the one in
The kids must have had a great time because they were never hungry, even having skipped lunch. I, on the other hand, was starving and we finally left. Thanksfully I had packed some snacks so we were held over. We got back to the hotel around 4:45, Mitchel made it back around 5:15 and we went to Smokey Bones restaurant. A barbecue joint with excellent food. I took my camera, just in case, but didn't take it into the restaurant. I figured I wouldn't need it. But I put it in the car just in case... I'll learn. There was a great photo op of the kids eating chocolate silk pie. They'd get a huge hunk on the fork and lick it off millimeter by millimeter... in ecstasy. I got, maybe, a bite and I believe Mitchel got a couple but the kids finished it off. It was worth the sacrifice to watch them eat it.
We're now back in the hotel room, I can tell Anna is fading fast. I got her to brush her teeth and get ready for bed so when she falls asleep watching t.v. I won't have to wake her up. I'm pretty sure she's headed that way. "Daddy, how did you get hair all over you?" I love listening to their conversations.
Well, I'm headed the way of Anna, even though it's only 8:17, I think it's a good time to start getting ready for bed. Mitchel will have to work this weekend but atleast he'll be at the hotel with us. We'll just spend time swimming, like I said before, the kids love this anyway. And we're going to find a place to hike on Sunday for father's day... We're also looking for a church to visit.
Until next time... love to you all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home